K. Ellis from When “Positive Thinking” and “Deep Breathing” aren’t enough… nominated me for the Liebster Award on June 2nd, 2013. This award, with the word “Liebster” (which means beloved) at the front, is meant to spread recognition to all those lovely new bloggers with under 200 (originally it was 3,000) followers.
Rules of the Award
Once you are nominated and choose to accept you must find five/eleven (I was told to find five, but most people were told to find eleven) wonderful new bloggers who have less then 200 followers. You must then write out eleven facts about yourself, answer the eleven questions gifted to you and write eleven questions for your nominees. Then you must inform your nominees that you are nominating them and you must not tag back.
Eleven Facts About Myself
1. I have a pen pal located somewhere in the Middle East.
2. My favorite saying is “Qué será será”.
3. To make up for the messiness of my notes on math I started a math blog.
4. I am afraid of “nothingness”
5. My favorite number is 5, I don’t know why.
6. I based my “name” “Listening Daisy” off my real name.
7. I have no siblings.
8. I want to someday be able to speak fluent Chinese.
9. I love taking pictures of the sky.
10. My favorite book changes almost every month.
11. I dislike being told that I am “not able” to do something, it’s a great motivator.
11 Questions From My Nominator
1. Is there meaning behind your given name/blog name?
My blog is named “Thoughts Trapped On A Page” due to the fact that my poems often originate from my thoughts, opinions and musings that I take directly from my head, to my pen and place in the blog.
2. Do you have children?
It’s not right time for me.
3. What is your dream job?
My dream job is to write poetry and get paid for it.
4. How do you see yourself affecting the world around you?
I affect the world by being a part of those people sharing their opinions and thoughts through a medium that is reachable physically worldwide. I am also part of the past and future (in a small way) of the Earth we stand on, we all are.
5. What is a major accomplishment in the last year?
One of my accomplishments in the last year was finally reaching my goal of writing 500 poems since I first began writing poetry.
6. What do you enjoy writing the most?
I enjoy writing poetry the most because I love expressing my emotion through the written word.
7. What is your favorite color and why?
My favorite color is grey. Ones of the reasons I find this color attractive is that I love the look of pictures in greyscale because I think the grey adds a sort of majesty they lacked when they were in color.
8. What is a favorite food?
I would have to say my top favorite “food” is lychee and the runners up are loquat, pear and watermelon.
9. What would you do if you were granted two wishes?
1. My first wish (to not seem greedy) would be for everyone in the world to find true happiness in a way that does not conflict with the happiness of others.
2. My second wish is that I want to have the ability to freeze time. This way I can nap, procrastinate and otherwise do nothing and still get my work done on time.
10. What is a favorite hobby or pastime?
I love to read: history, fantasy, novels, comics (not American comics) and a bit of women’s studies.
11. If you had to lose your sight or your hearing, what would you choose?
It would be a hard decision, I would rather lose my hearing then lose my sight because I would miss seeing the beautiful colors of the world and reading things the way I do now.
11 Questions For the Nominees
1. What words do others most often describe you with?
2. What are your pet peeves?
3. Where did you meet your best friend?
4. What is an invention you would like to see in the future?
5. Why did you start your blog?
6. What is a big accomplishment in your life?
7. What would you do if you met a man in a coffee shop who offered to grant three wishes?
8. What is your favorite saying and why?
9. What is your favorite song and why?
10. What is your mother tongue and how does it affect what you blog about?
11. How do you effect the world?